- Patients and siblings who are in the office for a regular check-up or a sick visit without a high fever.
- MULTIPLE PRE-SCHEDULED FLU CLINIC APPOINTMENTS USING MYCHART
- You must have a parent "PROXY" account and/or a specific patient account for children 13 years of age and older
- OPEN the proxy or patient account. PLEASE NOTE: A PROXY CAN SCHEDULE ALL APPOINTMENTS FOR PATIENTS THAT THEY HAVE ACCESS TO (even if the patient is 13 years of age or older-however, once the appointment is booked, it can only be seen on the patient account). Patients 18 years of age or older must use their own MyChart account to schedule an appointment.
- On a smartphone, CLICK on the "APPOINTMENT" icon and then "schedule an appointment". On a desktop, CLICK on "schedule an appointment " under the "Visits" dropdown list.
- On a smartphone, CLICK "tell us why you are coming" and then on either device, CLICK "Flu Shot" on either the smartphone or you computer.
- CLICK on the date and time you want, ie., Sunday September 20, 9:00 AM
- Type "flu shot" in the required box and CLICK "Schedule"
- YOU WILL NEED TO COMPLETE PRE-VISIT VALIDATION PRIOR TO THE APPOINTMENT
- REPEAT THESE STEPS FOR EACH PATIENT
PLEASE NOTE: if your child is in our office for a well visit during the flu season, he/she can receive the flu vaccine at that time. We are also able to provide flu vaccine during this visit to siblings, we just ask that you let us know ahead of time that you will be bringing sibling(s). Due to social distancing restrictions, we ask that siblings wait in the car, with a responsible adult, until the scheduled appointment is completed.
If you have any questions, please contact your provider.
Here is some information about flu vaccine:
- the inactivated "flu shot"
During a Flu Clinic Visit:
Please be aware that our nursing staff will administer the vaccine and a physician will not be available to see your child during the flu clinics.
It is absolutely acceptable for a patient to receive a flu vaccine at a pharmacy or urgent care facility. We ask thay you please email our office via MyChart with the date administered so we can keep our medical records up-to-date.
If you have questions or would like to discuss the vaccine further with your doctor, please call during our regular Call Time 8:30 to 9:00 Monday - Friday.
See the links below for more information on the vaccines that should answer most questions about them.